About this item
- Ashwagandha’s latin name is Withania somnifera. It is in the Solanacea nightshade plant family. Common names for Ashwagandha, include Indian Gooseberry, and Winter Cherry, since it has an orange-red berry during the fall season
- The plant is a tender perennial shrub, and grows to about 20 inches tall. Ashwagandha Root is commonly used in the ancient Indian health science called Ayurveda, to support the body against stress*.
- The name Ashwagandha, is likely derived from the sanskit word which means horse (ashva) and the word that means smell (gandha). This is thought to be a reference to the strong earthy scent of the root, which is the most common part of the plant that is used as a remedy.
- Others interpret it to mean that the user will have the vitality and strength of a horse. Ashwagandha is considered to be an Adaptogen. In traditional herbalism, adaptogen is a group of herbs that are commonly used to support the body in dealing with the onslaughts and stresses of life, both environmental, physical and mental.
- Using carefully controlled extraction techniques, we capture the holistic balance of each herb and the value is passed on to you, our customer. From plant to shelf, you can be assured that we know exactly what’s in the product in your hand, and we guarantee it is authentic, safe, effective, holistically balanced, and of course….Nature’s Answer.